Friday, September 16, 2011

Grey Ghost's Week 2 Picks

According to the sports blog laws, it is required that every blog run a weekly NFL pick 'em contest. So in this tradition, I challenge my fellow wolfpackers to participate and let the best ghost win.


The only rule is that you must pick each NFL game according to the standard Vegas spread.

We'll officially start in Week 3, but here are Grey Ghost's thoughts for Week 2 (ghostly predictions in bold, lines as of Friday):

Raiders at Bills (-3.5)
I don't know how to evaluate either of these teams, so I'll just pick the home team and move on.
Recap: I guessed right, just missed the points.

Chiefs at Lions (-9)
All aboard the Detroit bandwagon. That Packers NFC North dynasty may have some competition in their mirror.
Recap: The Chiefs are really, really bad.

Ravens at Titans (+6)
I'm fairly positive Kenny Britt won't score twice this week. A key rule to remember - never bet on Matt Hasselbeck.
Recap: This was the game I was most confident about....shows what I know.

Browns at Colts (+2.5)
I think the Colts were going to struggle without Manning this year anyway. This one could go either way, so I'll take the home team and the points.
Recap: If the Colts couldn't win this game, they might not win any.

Bucs at Vikings (-3)
Donovon McNabb is beyond washed up. The Bucs have too much young talent. I don't think this one is close unless AD runs wild.
Recap: Not quite sure what happend here. AD was running great early.

Bears at Saints (-6.5)
I think the Bears win outright, but the line is too high regardless. I don't see the Saints pressuring Cutler enough to force the issue.
Recap: Has any prognosticator ever missed the mark any further?

Rams at Giants (-6)
Let me get this straight, the Giants looked horrible against Rex Grossman last week, Hakeem Nicks likely doesn't play, and Eli Manning is still their quarterback, right? I don't think the Rams win outright, though.
Recap: I think the Rams were outplaying the Giants for long stretches. The Rams are a year away from overcoming these types of error filled games.

Cardinals at Redskins (-4)
Bringing Rexy back! Not sure what to think of Arizona yet.
Recap: The Redskins have my attention. They might bring more surprises.

Cowboys at 49ers (+3)
This one isn't close enough for Romo to botch.
Recap: No more Tony Romo jokes for a while. He earned it his week. This type of win may really bring the Cowboys together.

Packers at Panthers (+10)
My favorite prop bet of the year - who scores more points this season, the Pack or the Pats?
Recap: The Packers started horribly and still won somewhat comfortably. They're really good.

Jaguars at Jets (-9)
That's a lot of points to give the Jets against anyone. They tend to win by a field goal every game, right?
Recap: I was way off on this one too. I still don't think the Jets have enough to be true contenders.

Seahawks at Steelers (-14)
Someone has to pay for that debacle last week.
Recap: Look, one I actually got right.


Bengals at Broncos (-3.5)
I bet this game draws a great crowd on the Sunday Ticket package.
Recap: Tim Tebow at WR? Josh McDaniels really set this franchise back. They're stuck doing something with Tebow because fans love him.

Texans at Dolphins (+3.5)
If the Texans don't take care of business here, they aren't ready for prime time this season.
Recap: The Texans may be a darkhorse contender in the AFC. They still need to beat NE or Pittsburgh to convince me.

Chargers at Pats (-7)
This can't be the year the Chargers start well.
Recap: Norv Turner is no Bill Belichick and Rivers is no Brady. The Chargers just aren't threatening.

Eagles at Falcons (-2.5)
Pretty hard to believe the Falcons are giving points here.
Recap: This was going to be a late blow out until Vick got hurt. The Falcons aren't good enough yet.

Week 2 Record - 5-10-1

No comments: