Friday, September 30, 2011

Grey Ghost's Week 4 Picks

It was a good week for the Grey Ghost in Week 3. Let's see if we can keep it going.

Ghostly Predictions in Bold.

Lions at Cowboys (-1.5)
I'm going to keep picking the Lions until they cost me. The Cowboys are a little banged up right - I'm having a tough time getting a read on them.

Fantasy:
Bench Jahvid Best this week. I think the Lions win this one through the air.

Bills at Bengals (+3.5)
The Bills should really dominate this game. Fred Jackson should be the difference maker. I think Fitzpatrick has an off game.

Fantasy:
No one jumps out at me for this game. I see a bunch of decent weeks, but nothing special.

Panthers at Bears (-6)
I think the Bears win, but by a field goal. The Panthers are not as bad as everyone expected. The Bears need a good week so Cutler can get a decent rythym. The clock in his head is off and needs to be reset.

Fantasy:
Look for Greg Olsen to score one for Martz.

Vikings at Chiefs (+2.5)
I just don't see how the Chiefs are going to score. The Vikings are a QB away from being a pretty good team.

Fantasy:
If AD doesn't have 25 carries this game, it's time to part ways with Childress.

Titans at Browns (Pick 'em)
The Titans have been better than I expected. Losing Kenny Britt is a cause for concern. Chris Johnson is going to see a stacked box from here on out.

Fantasy:
I like Johnson to have a breakout week, taking a long one to the house.

Redskins at Rams (+2)
I think this line is too low. The Redskins should win this one by at least a score.

Fantasy:
I like Grossman to throw for 275+ here with at least a score. Tim Hightower should be able to have a nice second half.

49ers at Eagles (-9)
The Eagles' secondary is a strength, the 49ers' passing game is a weakness. Philly can put more emphasis on stopping the run and still keep the passing game in check.

Fantasy:
Bench Frank Gore until further notice, unless you have no depth at RB.

Saints at Jags (+7)
Drew Brees should carve up the Jags' secondary.

Fantasy:
I like every Saint this game. Go with Darren Sproles until someone else emerges in the backfield. If the Saints get up early, this could get ugly.

Giants at Cards (+1)
I don't like the Giants, but I like the Cardinals even less.

Fantasy:
This might be where the NY rushing game picks up some steam.

Steelers at Texans (-3.5)
The hardest came to predict this week. I can see either team winning here. So when in doubt, take the points.

Fantasy:
I don't like Schaub this week. If you have other options, consider sitting him this week.

Falcons at Seahawks (+4.5)
It's do or die time for the Falcons. They really need a top to bottom victory. Getting one on the road will be even better.

Fantasy:
For some reason, I like Michael Turner. No idea why, just a gut feeling.

Broncos at Packers (-12.5)
The line scares me, but so do the Packers. The question is whether the Packers do just enough to win, or click on all cylinders.

Fantasy:
Jermichael Finley may lead all Packers (not named Rodgers) in fantasy points this year.

Dolphins at Chargers (-7)
They're still the Chargers and still coached by Uncle Norv, but Sparano might be losing his team. Look for the wheels to come off if the Dolphins lose.

Fantasy:
I like some bombs to Vincent Jackson in the game.

Patriots at Raiders (+4)
I don't see the Patriots messing around after last week. Even if the game is in Oakland.

Fantasy:
What else can I say, start all non-RB Patriots.

Jets at Ravens (-3.5)
I like this game closer than 3.5. I think it's a field goal either way.

Fantasy:
Look for lots of ground game action. Take either RB and be happy.

Colts at Bucs (-10)
The Bucs never seem to blow anyone out. If there ever was a game though, this is it. Curtis Painter in prime time on the road. Let's see what the kid is made of.

Fantasy: LaGarrette Blount should run wild. He will wear out the Colts D in the second half.

Season Record: 14-17-1

No comments: