Friday, October 21, 2011

Grey Ghost's Week 7 Picks

The Grey Ghost is back this week after deftly maneuvering some fugitive cows back to the pen. Just consider the Ghost a Renaissance man. Onto the picks...

Master Lock Picks of the Week:
In a bold prediction, I'm going with road favorites to cover this week.

Pittsburgh at Arizona (+4)
I think these teams are further than four points apart. Arizona doesn't seem good enough to exploit the holes in the Pitt D.

Baltimore at Jacksonville (+9)
It should be a long day for Gabbert against the seasoned Baltimore defense. I think the only way Baltimore doesn't cover is if they let up.

Chicago vs. Tampa Bay (+1)
Without Blount, I hope the Bears force Freeman to beat them through the air (which is entirely possible). Here's hoping Mike Martz doesn't try to prove everyone wrong.

Seattle at Cleveland (-3)
This one is a toss up to me, so I'll just grab the points. Seattle coming off a bye should be the difference.

Atlanta at Detroit (-4)
I can see Detroit having a let down this week, especially with the distraction from their head coach. Atlanta really needs a victory to stay in the mix.

Houston at Tennessee (-3)
Houston is better, but still has a lot of question marks with injuries. I'm going to go with the home team.

Denver at Miami (-1)
Here's hoping Miami picks up a win.

San Diego at NY Jets (+3)
I don't like the Chargers and Uncle Norv, but I think the Jets' offense is putrid right now.

Washington at Carolina (-3)
I don't know enough about John Beck to pick him yet. Let's go with Carolina.

Kansas City at Oakland (-6)
Carson Palmer or not, Oakland should take care of business at home.

St. Louis at Dallas (-14)
As loyal readers have learned, I hate these big lines. I picked St. Louis last week, so let's try again this week.

Green Bay at Minnesota (+10)
I can't pick Ponder against the champs.

Indianapolis at New Orleans (-14)
New Orleans at home against Curtis Painter. This would have been a Master Lock pick if the line was just a little lower.

Season Record: 38-33-3

No comments: